Kurogo Developer’s Guide
The Kurogo Framework is a PHP based web application that can help organizations efficiently deliver
services and information to a wide array of mobile devices. Based on the MIT Framework, this
open source project provides a modular way to present mobile versions of various data sources in an
extendable, customizable fashion.
At a high level, the Kurogo Framework includes:
- A mechanism for detecting device characteristics and displaying content best suited for that device
- A object oriented system for retrieving, parsing and displaying data from a variety of external sources
- A robust templating system that utilizes themeable reusable parts to easily construct consistent user interfaces
- A series of prebuilt, customizable modules for gathering directory, news and event information
- A system of authentication and authorization for controlling access to content and administrative functions
This guide serves as a tour of the project source code and its features.